Address :1 Cong Xa Paris, Phuong Ben Nghe, Quan 1
In 1959, Bishop Joseph Pham Van Thien, whose jurisdiction included Saigon parish, attended the Marian Congress held in Vatican and ordered a statue of Our Lady of Peace made with granite in Rome. When the statue arrived in Saigon on 16 February 1959, Bishop Pham Van Thien held a ceremony to install the statue on the empty base and presented the title of "Regina Pacis". It was the same bishop who wrote the prayers "Notre-Dame bless the peace to Vietnam". The next day, Cardinal Aganianian came from Rome to chair the closing ceremony of the Marian Congress and solemnly chaired the ceremony for the statue, thus the cathedral was then-on called Notre-Dame Cathedral.
* Beautiful and monumental, good place for a photo, The surrounding is very serene and relaxing, so there isn't much to do there but to enjoy a good hot cup of Vietnamese coffee, it’s a good idea to enjoy scenery.